Many of these works were supported, in part, by NSF grants
CNS-1526932, CNS-117352, and CNS-0614771.
Kyoung-Don Kang, Daniel Sadoc Menasché, Gürhan Küçük, Ting Zhu, Ping Yi,
"Edge computing in the Internet of Things",
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN),
13(9), 2017 (editorial).
U. L. N. Puvvadi, K. Di Benedetto, A. Patil, K. D. Kang, Y. Park,
"Cost-Effective Security Support in Real-Time Video Surveillance",
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Volume 11, Issue 6, pages 1457 - 1465,
- Eric Sabbah, Kyoung-Don Kang, A Secure Protocol for Ubiquitous
Sensing and Monitoring of Patient Conditions, International Journal
of Next-Generation Computing, Vol 1, No 2, Nov., 2010.
- E. Sabbah, K. D. Kang, N. Abu-Ghazaleh, A. Majeed, and K.
"An Application-Driven Approach to Designing Secure Wireless
Sensor Networks", Wireless Communications and Mobile
Computing, Wiley Interscience, Volume 8, Issue
3, pages 369-384, March, 2008.
- K. D. Kang, S. H. Son, and J. A. Stankovic,
Differentiated Real-Time Data Services for E-Commerce
Applications, Electronic Commerce Research,
Special Issue on Business Process Integration and E-Commerce
Kluwer Academic Publishers,
Volume 3, Numbers 1-2, pages 113-142, January/April 2003.
- J. Oh, K. D. Kang, J. Y. Kim, M. Gofman, "A Cross-Layer Approach
to Reducing Delay and Energy Consumption based on Data Importance in
Sensor Networks," Handbook on Sensor Networks,"
Yang Xiao, Hui Chen, and Frank H. Li (eds.), World Scientific
Publishing Co., June, 2010.
- C. Basaran and K. D. Kang, "Quality of Service in Wireless
Sensor Networks", Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks,
Sudip Misra, Isaac Woungang, and Subhas Chandra Misra (eds.),
- E. Sabbah and K. D. Kang,
"Security in Wireless Sensor Networks",
Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks,
Sudip Misra, Isaac Woungang, and Subhas Chandra Misra (eds.),
Springer London, 2009.
- D. Fernando, K. D. Kang, Y. Zhou, "An
Adaptive Closed-Loop Approach for Timely Data Services," In
Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE International Conference on Embedded and
Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA '17), August 16
- 18, 2017, Hsinchu, Taiwan. (Longer version: Technical Report CS-TR-17-KD01, Department of
Computer Science, State University of New York at Binghamton)
- K. Xiong, K. D. Kang, X. Chen, "A Priority-type Resource Allocation Approach in Cluster
Computing", In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing
and Communication (HPCC '11),
September 2 - 4, 2011, Banf, Canada.
- Lei Rao, Xue Liu, Kyoung-Don Kang, Wenyu Liu, Liang Liu, Ying Chen,
"Optimal Joint Multi-path Routing and Sampling Rates Assignment for Real-Time
Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE International Conference on Communications
(ICC '11), June 5 - 9, Kyoto, Japan.
- Kyoung-Don Kang and Can Basaran,
"Adaptive Data Replication for Load Sharing in a Sensor Data Center",
In Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on
(in conjunction with the ICDCS 2009), June 22, 2009, Montreal,
- Can Basaran, Mehmet H. Suzer, Kyoung-Don Kang, Xue Liu,
"Model-Free Fuzzy Control of CPU Utilization for Unpredictable
Workloads", In Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on
Feedback Control Implementation and Design in Computing Systems and
Networks (in conjunction with the Cyber Physical Systems Week
2009), April 16, 2009, San Francisco, California, USA.
- J. Rrushi and K. D. Kang "An Estimation-Inspection Algorithm
for Anomaly Detection in Process Control Networks", In Proceedings
of Third Annual IFIP Working Group 11.10 International Conference on
Critical Infrastructure Protection, Dartmouth College, Hanover,
New Hampshire, USA, March 22 - 25, 2009.
- J. Rrushi and K. D. Kang, "CyberRadar: A Regression Analysis
Approach to the Identification of Cyber-Physical Mappings in Process
Control Systems", In Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM Workshop on Embedded
Systems Security (in conjunction with the IEEE/ACM EMSOFT '2008 and
the Embedded Systems Week), Oct. 23, 2008.
- J. Rrushi and K. D. Kang, "Developing Mirage Theory in
Cyber-Physical Systems via Deceptive Real-Time Simulation", In
Proceedings of the NATO IST-076 Symposium on Information Assurance
for Emerging and Future Military Systems, Oct. 13-14, Ljubljana,
- C. Basaran, K. D. Kang, M. H. Suzer, K. S. Chung, H. R. Lee, K.
R. Park, "Bandwidth Consumption Control and
Service Differentiation for Video Streaming," 17th International
Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '08), August
3 - 7, 2008, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands. (Best Paper Award
Candidate) (Longer version)
- E. Sabbah, K.D. Kang, A. Majeed, K. Liu, and N. Abu-Ghazaleh,
"An Application-Driven Perspective on Wireless
Sensor Network Security", In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM
Workshop on QoS and Security
for Wireless and Mobile Networks, held in conjunction with the
9th Annual ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of
Wireless and Mobile Systems,
Torremolinos, (Malaga), Spain, Oct. 2-6, 2006.
- K.D. Kang, K. Liu and N. Abu-Ghazaleh,
"Securing Geographic Routing", 9th Annual NYS Cyber Security
Conference: Symposium on Information Assurance, Albany, New York,
June 14-15, 2006. (Best Paper Award)
- Y. Wei, S. H. Son, J. A. Stankovic, and K. D. Kang,
QoS Management in Distributed Real-Time
Databases, In Proceedings of the 24th IEEE Real-Time Systems
Symposium (RTSS '03) , Cancun, Mexico, pages 86-97, Dec. 3-5,
- Kyoung-Don Kang, Sang H. Son, and John A. Stankovic, STAR: Secure Real-Time Transaction Processing with
Timeliness Guarantees, 23rd IEEE International Real-Time
Systems Symposium (RTSS '02), pages 303 - 314, Dec. 3-5, 2002. (Longer version: Technical Report CS-2002-25,
Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia, 2002.)
- Kyoung-Don Kang, Sang H. Son, John A. Stankovic, and Tarek F.
Abdelzaher, A QoS-Sensitive Approach for Miss Ratio
and Freshness Guarantees in Real-Time Databases, 14th
Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS '02) , pages
203-212, June 19 - 21, 2002. (Longer version:
Technical Report CS-2001-22, Department of Computer Science, University
of Virginia, 2001.)
- Kyoung-Don Kang, Sang H. Son, and John A. Stankovic, Service Differentiation in Real-Time Main Memory
Databases, 5th IEEE International Symposium on
Object-oriented Real-time Distributed Computing (ISORC '02),
April 29 - May 1, 2002. (Longer version:
Technical Report CS-2002-02, Department of Computer Science, University
of Virginia, 2002.)
Kyoung-Don Kang, Sang H. Son, and Tarek F. Abdelzaher, "An Adaptive
Pricing and Resource Management Scheme for QoS Control in an Open Environment,"
Work in Progress
Session of the 6th IEEE International Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium, June 2000.
- D. T. Drewry, L. Gu, A. B. Hocking, K. D. Kang, R. C. Schutt, C. M. Taylor, J. L. Pfaltz, Current State of Data Mining, Technical Report CS-2002-15, Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia.
- K. D. Kang, QoS-Sensitive Real-Time Database, Poster Session in Computer Science Corporate Partners Annual Meeting 2001, Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia.
- C. G. Jeong, H. I. Kim, Y. R. Hong, E. J. Lim, S. Lee, J. Lee, B. S. Jeong, D. Y. Suh, K. D. Kang, J. A. Stankovic, S. H. Son, Design for an Integrated Streaming Framework, Technical Report CS-99-30, Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia.