I am currently working at IBM Research, India. Previously, I was a post-doctoral researcher at Carnegie Mellon University, Qatar and RWTH-Aachen University, Germany I completed my Ph.D. in 2007 from State University of New York, Binghamton under Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh.
My general area of interest is in analysis, architecture and design of systems. Specifically, I have worked (and still continue to work) on various types of wireless networks, such as Cellular, Mesh, Cognitive Radio Networks and Distributed Camera Networks. I generally tend to like fundamental and practical problems that manifest in various types of systems.
Click here for a complete list of publications
- V. Munishwar, V. Kolar and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, Coverage in Visual Sensor Networks with Pan-Tilt-Zoom Cameras: the MaxFoV Problem, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2014.
- V. Gabale, U. C. Devi, R. Kokku, V. Kolar, M. Madhavan, S. Kalyanaraman, Async: De-congestion and Yield Management in Cellular Data Networks, IEEE International Conference onNetwork Protocols (ICNP), 2013
- V. Kolar, K. Bharath, N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and J. Riihijarvi, The Effect of Contention in CSMA Networks: Model and Fairness Protocol, Performance Evaluation, Volume 68, Issue 9, September 2011, Pages 782-805, ISSN 0166-5316.
- V. Kolar, S. Razak and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, Interaction Engineering: Taming of the CSMA, ACM-IEEE International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM) 2010. [paper] [slides]
- S. Razak, V. Kolar and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, Modeling and Analysis of Two-Flow Interactions in Wireless Networks, Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Volume 8, Issue 6, Aug 2010. [paper]
- V. Kolar and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, A Multi-Commodity Flow Approach to Globally Aware Routing in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, IEEE Pervasive Computing and Communications, 2006 (PerCom'06), (acceptance rate: 8%). [paper]
Techical Program Committee Member:
IEEE ICC (2012, 2011), IEEE Globecom 2011, IEEE PerNets (2011 -- 2009), ACM PM2HW2N (2010 -- 2008), IEEE SenseApp (2010 -- 2008), MACOM (2011 -- 2009), ICT Mobile Summit (2011 -- 2009), ICNC 2012, ISSNIP (2011, 2010), Green Networking 2010, IEEE WiMob 2009, Mobiquitous 2009, MobiCare 2009, SDR 2009, WoWMoM 2009, WCNC 2009