Vikram P. Munishwar
Welcome to my home page. I completed my Ph.D. from the department of Computer Science
at State University of New York, Binghamton
. My advisor was Prof. Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh
. I spent around two years as a visiting researcher at Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar. My research interests are in smart camera networks, cyber-physical systems, distributed systems, cloud computing, efficient data storage systems, and localization and motion planning in robotic systems.
- Vikram Munishwar, Vinay Kolar, Praveen Jayachandran and Ravi Kokku, " RTChoke: Efficient Real-Time Traffic Chokepoint Detection and Monitoring," The Seventh International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworkS (COMSNETS), 2015.
- Vikram P. Munishwar, Vinay Kolar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, " Coverage in Visual Sensor Networks with Pan-Tilt-Zoom Cameras: the MaxFoV Problem," IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2014.
- Vikram P. Munishwar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Coverage Algorithms for Visual Sensor Networks," ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), 9(4), June 2013.
- Xiaoshuang Wang, Sunil Agham, Vikram Munihwar, Vaibhav Nipunage, Shailendra Singh, Kartik Gopalan, "Transparent Network Protocol Testing and Evaluation," 22nd International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN), 2013.
- Vikram P. Munishwar, Sameer Tilak and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Coverage Management for Mobile Targets in Visual Sensor Networks," Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Networks (ACM MSWiM), 2012.
- Vikram P. Munishwar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Target-Oriented Coverage Maximization in Visual Sensor Networks," Poster in the proceedings of the ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (ACM MobiWac), 2011.
- Vikram P. Munishwar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Did anybody see that? Smartphone Tracking for Historical Data Retrieval," Proceedings of International Workshop on Sensing for App Phones (PhoneSense), held with ACM SenSys 2010.
- Vikram P. Munishwar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Scalable Target Coverage in Smart Camera Networks," Proceedings of fourth ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC), 2010. [pdf]
- Vinay Kolar, Vikram Munishwar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Anomalies in Optimal Rate-control and Scheduling Protocols for Cognitive Radio Networks," Proceedings of 3rd International Workshop on Cognitive Radio and Advanced Spectrum Management (Cogart 2010; invited paper).
- Christopher Mitchell, Vikram P. Munishwar, Shailendra Singh, Xiaoshuang Wang, Kartik Gopalan and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Testbed Design and Localization in MiNT-2: A Miniaturized Robotic Platform for Wireless Protocol Development and Emulation," Proceedings of the First international conference on COMmunication Systems And NETworks (COMSNETS), 2009 (acceptance rate 20%) [pdf]
- Vikram P. Munishwar, Shailendra Singh, Christopher Mitchell, Xiaoshuang Wang, Kartik Gopalan and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "RFID-based Localization for a Miniaturized Robotic Platform for Wireless Protocols Evaluation," In the proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, (PerCom 2009, demo paper).
- Vikram P. Munishwar, Shailendra Singh, Xiaoshuang Wang, Christopher Mitchell, Kartik Gopalan and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "On the Accuracy of RFID-based Localization in a Mobile Wireless Network Testbed," Proceedings of fifth IEEE PerCom Workshop on Pervasive Wireless Networking (PWN), held with PerCom 2009.
- Vikram P. Munishwar, Sameer S. Tilak and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Congestion and Flow Control in Wireless Sensor Networks," Book chapter in Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks, Springer, 2009.
- Vikram P. Munishwar, Sameer Tilak and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "File System Support for Adjustable Resolution Applications in Sensor Networks," Proceedings of 5th International Conference on AD-HOC Networks and Wireless (ADHOC-NOW), 2006 (acceptance rate 18%)
- Vikram P. Munishwar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "CameraNets: Coverage and Data Management Protocols for Smart Camera Networks," ACM SenSys Doctoral Colloquium, 2010.
- Vikram. P. Munishwar, and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, "Maximizing Coverage Gain in Camera Networks", Poster presentation in Meeting of the Minds, Carnegie Mellon University, Qatar, 2010
Served as an external reviewer for:
IEEE Sensors 2014, IJAHUC 2012, IEEE TMC 2011, ACM TOSN 2011,
ACM MSWiM 2012, IEEE VTC 2012, IEEE ICC 2012, ACM Mobiwac 2012, IEEE WiMob 2012, IEEE SenseApp 2012, IEEE SECON 2011, IEEE VTC 2011, IEEE SenseApp 2011, ACM MSWiM 2011, IEEE LCN 2011, IEEE Globecom 2011, IEEE ISSNIP 2011, IEEE SECON 2010, IEEE ICC 2010, IEEE WCNC, IEEE ICT 2010, ISSNIP 2010, IEEE SenseApp 2010, IEEE Globecom 2010, ACM/IEEE MSWiM 2009, IEEE LCN 2009, IEEE HPCC 2009, ICCCN 2009, IEEE ICC 2009, IEEE Globecom 2009, IEEE IPDPS 2008, IEEE WiMOB 2008, ACM/IEEE MSWiM 2008, IEEE SenseApp 2008, IEEE Globecom 2008, IEEE ICC 2008