I am currently working as a post-doctoral researcher at Carnegie Mellon University, Qatar. Previously, I was a post-doc at RWTH-Aachen University, Germany. I completed my Ph.D. in 2007 from State University of New York, Binghamton. My advisor was Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh.
My general area of interest is in addressing the architecture and design of wireless systems. Specifically, I have worked (and still continue to work) on optimizing different functionalities (PHY, MAC and routing) in various wireless networks, such as Mesh and Cognitive Radio Networks. I generally tend to like fundamental and practical problems that manifest in various types of wireless systems. Currently, I am working on optimizing multi-media traffic in a Distributed Camera Wireless Network. Click here for more details on my research interests.
Click here for a complete list of publications
- V. Kolar, S. Razak and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, Interaction Engineering: Taming of the CSMA, ACM-IEEE International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM) 2010. [paper] [slides]
- S. Razak, V. Kolar and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, Modeling and Analysis of Two-Flow Interactions in Wireless Networks, Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Volume 8, Issue 6, Aug 2010. [paper]
- V. Kolar, K. Bharath, N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and J. Riihijarvi, Contention in Multi-hop Wireless Networks: Model and Fairness Analysis, ACM-IEEE International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM) 2009. [paper] [slides]
- V. Kolar, N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh and P. Mahonen, Decomposition for Low-complexity Near-Optimal Routing in Multi-hop Wireless Networks, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2009. [paper]
- V. Kolar and N. B. Abu-Ghazaleh, A Multi-Commodity Flow Approach to Globally Aware Routing in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, IEEE Pervasive Computing and Communications, 2006 (PerCom'06), (acceptance rate: 8%). [paper]
Techical Program Committee Member:
IEEE ICC (2012, 2011), IEEE Globecom 2011, IEEE PerNets (2011 -- 2009), ACM PM2HW2N (2010 -- 2008), IEEE SenseApp (2010 -- 2008), MACOM (2011 -- 2009), ICT Mobile Summit (2011 -- 2009), ICNC 2012, ISSNIP (2011, 2010), Green Networking 2010, IEEE WiMob 2009, Mobiquitous 2009, MobiCare 2009, SDR 2009, WoWMoM 2009, WCNC 2009