I am currently pursuing Ph.D. in the computer science at SUNY Binghamton, doing research under the supervision of Dr. Shiqi Zhang. My research focus is on Sequential Decision Making paradigms including learning, reasoning and planning under uncertainty.
- Saeid Amiri, Sujay Bajracharya, Cihangir Goktolga, Jesse Thomason, and Shiqi Zhang, "Augmenting Knowledge through Statistical,Goal-oriented Human-Robot Dialog", To appear in the proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019), [Demo].
- Saeid Amiri, Mohammad Shokrolah Shirazi, and Shiqi Zhang, "Robot Sequential Decision Making using LSTM-based Learning and Logical-probabilistic Reasoning", arXiv preprint:1901.05322, [BibTex].
- Saeid Amiri, Suhua Wei, Shiqi Zhang, Jivko Sinapov, Jesse Thomason, and Peter Stone, "Multi-modal Predicate Identification using Dynamically Learned Robot Controllers", In proceedings of the 2018 International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Stockholm, Sweden, Jul. 13-19, 2018, [BibTex].
- Saeid Amiri, Mohammad Shokrolah Shirazi, and Shiqi Zhang, "Leveraging Supervised Learning and Automated Reasoning for Robot Sequential Decision-Making", In proceedings of R2K workshop: Integrating learning of Representations and models with deductive Reasoning that leverages Knowledge, Tempe AZ, Oct 27, 2018.
- Sujay Bajracharya,Saeid Amiri, Jesse Thomason, and Shiqi Zhang, "Simultaneous Intention Estimation and Knowledge Augmentation via Human-Robot Dialog", In proceedings of the RSS'18 Workshop on Models and Representations for Natural Human-Robot Communication, 2018.
Saeid Amiri, Suhua Wei, Shiqi Zhang, Jivko Sinapov, Jesse Thomason, and Peter Stone,"Robot Behavioral Exploration and Multi-modal Perception using Dynamically Constructed Controllers".In proceedings of the AAAI Spring Symposium on Integrating Representation, Reasoning, Learning, and Execution for Goal Directed Autonomy, Stanford, CA, Mar. 26-28, 2018.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, SUNY Binghamton, 2018 - Present
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Cleveland State University, 2017 - 2018 (transferred)
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, 2014 - 2015
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering , Sharif University of Technology, 2008 - 2013
- [Summer 2019] Our paper on Augmenting knowledge through human robot-dialog has been accepted to IROS 2019.
- [Summer 2019] I am going to attend the 2nd IEEE international symposium on multi-robot and multi-agent systems (MRS 2019), Aug 22-23, Rutgers university.
- [Spring 2019] I am going to attend the Berkely Full Stack Deep Learning (FSDL 19).
- [Spring 2019] I am the TA for the "Intro to AI" course, by teaching lectures, grading the assignments and responding to the students questions.
- [Oct 2018] I will be presenting at KRR workshop: Integrating learning of Representations and models with deductive Reasoning that leverages Knowledge (R2K), ASU, Oct 23-27, 2018.
- [July 2018] I am attending 2nd Summer school on Cognitive Robotics at MIT (MERS), July 23-27, 2018.
- [June 2018] I will be presenting in RSS18 workshop on Models and Representations for Natural Human-Robot Communication (MRNHRC), Pittsburgh PA, 2018.
- [April 2018] Our paper on "Multi-predicate identification using dynamically robot learned controllers" accepted to IJCAI 18.
- [March 2018] I will be presenting in AAAI Spring symposium on Integrating Representation, Reasoning, Learning, and Execution for Goal Directed Autonomy (SIRLE18), Stanford CA, 2018.