I am currently pursuing Ph.D. in the computer science at SUNY Binghamton, doing research under the supervision of Dr. Shiqi Zhang. My research focus is on how machine learning and reasoning can help robot sequential decision making. Currently, I am a graduate research intern at ABB Robotics.
In addition to my main research, I am involved in projects in autonomuos driving, multi-modal perception, scene graph generation using graph neural networks and deployed ML-based apps.
- Saeid Amiri, Mohammad Shokrolah Shirazi, and Shiqi Zhang, "Learning and Reasoning for Robot Sequential Decision Making under Uncertainty" , In the proceedings of Thirty-Fourth conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Feb 7-12 2020, NYC.
[Keywords: Sequential Decision Making under uncertainty]
- Saeid Amiri, Sujay Bajracharya, Cihangir Goktolga, Jesse Thomason, and Shiqi Zhang, "Augmenting Knowledge through Statistical,Goal-oriented Human-Robot Dialog",
In the proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2019), [Demo] [Interview with TechXplore]
[Slides].[Keywords: Spoken dialogue systems, Service Robots]
- Saeid Amiri, Suhua Wei, Shiqi Zhang, Jivko Sinapov, Jesse Thomason, and Peter Stone, "Multi-modal Predicate Identification using Dynamically Learned Robot Controllers",
In proceedings of the 2018 International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Stockholm, Sweden, Jul. 13-19, 2018,
[BibTex],[Poster].[Keywords: Machine Learning, Multi-Modal Perception, Probabilistic Planning]
- Saeid Amiri, Mohammad Shokrolah Shirazi, and Shiqi Zhang, "Leveraging Supervised Learning and Automated Reasoning for Robot Sequential Decision-Making", In proceedings of R2K workshop: Integrating learning of Representations and models with deductive Reasoning that leverages Knowledge, Tempe AZ, Oct 27, 2018.
- Sujay Bajracharya, Saeid Amiri, Jesse Thomason, and Shiqi Zhang, "Simultaneous Intention Estimation and Knowledge Augmentation via Human-Robot Dialog", In proceedings of the RSS'18 Workshop on Models and Representations for Natural Human-Robot Communication, 2018.
Saeid Amiri, Suhua Wei, Shiqi Zhang, Jivko Sinapov, Jesse Thomason, and Peter Stone,"Robot Behavioral Exploration and Multi-modal Perception using Dynamically Constructed Controllers".In proceedings of the AAAI Spring Symposium on Integrating Representation, Reasoning, Learning, and Execution for Goal Directed Autonomy, Stanford, CA, Mar. 26-28, 2018.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, SUNY Binghamton, 2018 - Present
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Cleveland State University, 2017 - 2018 (transferred)
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, 2014 - 2015
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering , Sharif University of Technology, 2008 - 2013
- Analysis of mainstream media posts on social media platforms: Designed a pipeline to continuously crawl data from YouTube and Twitter to store in a database for post-analysis. Used text mining and unsupervised ML techniques to study the the topics each news agency focuses. Studied the pace of users interaction for each selected news agency and compared them across their social media platforms,"[Source]", "[Report]"
- Handwriting text recognition web app (ongoing):
Using TensorFlow to build a handwriting recognition model from scratch, to be deployed it as a web service.
- [Spring 2020] I will be volunteering at ICLR 2020.
- [Spring 2020] I am an intern in ABB Robotics for Spring 2020.
- [Fall 2019] Our paper got accepted in AAAI-20 for oral presentation with 20% overal acceptance rate.
- [Fall 2019] I will be attending "Future of Mechatronics & Robotics Education Workshop" in Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI on Sep 26-27.
- [Summer 2019] Our IROS 2019 paper got featured in TechXplore.
- [Summer 2019] Our paper on Augmenting knowledge through human robot-dialog has been accepted to IROS 2019.
- [Summer 2019]I am going to attend the 2nd IEEE international symposium on multi-robot and multi-agent systems (MRS 2019), Aug 22-23, Rutgers university.
- [Spring 2019] I am going to attend the Berkely Full Stack Deep Learning (FSDL 19).
- [Spring 2019] I am the TA for the "Intro to AI" course, by teaching lectures, grading the assignments and responding to the students questions.
- [Oct 2018] I will be presenting at KRR workshop: Integrating learning of Representations and models with deductive Reasoning that leverages Knowledge (R2K), ASU, Oct 23-27, 2018.
- [July 2018] I am attending 2nd Summer school on Cognitive Robotics at MIT (MERS), July 23-27, 2018.
- [June 2018] I will be presenting in RSS18 workshop on Models and Representations for Natural Human-Robot Communication (MRNHRC), Pittsburgh PA, 2018.
- [April 2018] Our paper on "Multi-predicate identification using dynamically robot learned controllers" accepted to IJCAI 18.
- [March 2018] I will be presenting in AAAI Spring symposium on Integrating Representation, Reasoning, Learning, and Execution for Goal Directed Autonomy (SIRLE18), Stanford CA, 2018.