- Fall 2013: March 15, 2013
- Spring 2014: October 15, 2013
SUNY Binghamton is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women and underrepresented minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for GAANN Fellowship, a student should submit a PhD application through https://buonline.binghamton.edu/banner/bwskalog.p_disploginnew The application should contain the following:
- A cover letter, indicating intended research areas and faculty mentors with whom the applicant would like to work.
- Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- At least two recommendation letters.
- Complete financial statements.
- A signed statement from the applicant, declaring permanent residency or U.S. citizenship.
- A resume detailing experience, accomplishments, and skills of the applicant.
- A personal statement describing the applicant's professional goals, including the applicant's specific interests in both Computer Science teaching and research, any experiences that have influenced the applicant's intended career path, and the applicant's vision of how research should help shape the instruction and education of students.
- Official GRE score
- Online graduate degree application and application fee
Selection CriteriaThe selection of GAANN Fellows will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, or disabling condition. The selection criteria are given below:
- outstanding academic record, judged based on transcripts, letters of recommendation, and relevant experience both within the discipline and extracurricular experience;
- demonstrated financial need, judged based on the criteria used to award financial aid to full-time Binghamton students;
- the expressed motivation to pursue a PhD, and career goals in teaching and research, as specifically described in the personal statement.