- [I1] D. Culler, D. Estrin, M. Srivastava.
Overview of Sensor Networks, IEEE Computer Magazine, August 2004.
- [I2] Alan Mainwaring, Joseph Polastre, Robert Szewczyk, David Culler,
and John Anderson,
Wireless Sensor Networks for Habitat Monitoring,
- [I3] J. M. Kahn, R. H. Katz, and K. S. J. Pister,
Next Century Challenges: Scalable Coordination in Sensor Networks, In International Conference on Mobile Computing
and Networks (MobiCom), 1999.
Operating Systems and Programming
System architecture directions for networked sensors,
Jason Hill, Robert Szewczyk, Alec Woo, Seth Hollar, David Culler,
and Kristofer Pister, ASPLOS'00.
- [O2] D. Gay, P. Levis, R. von Behren, M. Welsh, E. Brewer, and D. Culler,
The nesC Language: A Holistic Approach to Networked Embedded Systems,
ACM Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI),
- [O3] Lin Gu, John A. Stankovic,
"t-kernel: providing reliable OS support to wireless sensor networks",
ACM SENSYS 2006.
- [O4] N. Ramanathan, K. Chang, R. Kapur, L. Girod, E. Kohler, D. Estrin,
Sympathy for the Sensor Network Debugger,
in Proc. of Sensys, 2005.
Sensor Network Simulation
- P. Levis, N. Lee, M. Welsh, and D. Culler,
TOSSIM: Accurate and Scalable Simulation of Entire TinyOS Applications,
ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), November 2003.
- L. Girod, T. Stathopoulos, N. Ramanathan, J. Elson, D. Estrin,
E. Osterweil, and T. Schoellhammer,
A System for Simulation, Emulation, and Deployment of Heterogeneous Sensor Networks,
ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys),
Radio Communication Properties
Medium Access Control
- [M1] S. Kumar, V. S. Raghavan, J. Deng,
Medium Access Control protocols for ad hoc wireless networks: A survey,
Ad Hoc Networks 4 (2006) 326 - 358.
- [M2] W. Ye, J. Heidemann, D. Estrin, An
Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks,
- [M3] J. Polastre, J. Hill, and D. Culler,
Versatile Low Power Media Access for Wireless Sensor Networks,
ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, November 2004.
- [M4] Injong Rhee, Ajit Warrier, Mahesh Aia, and Jeongki Min,
Z-MAC: a Hybrid MAC for Wireless Sensor Networks, ACM Sensys 2005.
I. Routing Surveys
II. Routing in WSNs
- [RS1] Kemal Akkaya, Mohamed Younis,
"A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks",
Ad Hoc Networks, Volume 3, Issue 3 , May 2005, Pages 325-349.
- [RS2] J. N. Al-Karaki, A. E. Kamal,
"Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey",
IEEE Wireless Communications, Volume: 11, Issue: 6
pp. 6- 28, Dec. 2004.
- Reddy, T.B.; Karthigeyan, I.; Manoj, B.S.; Murthy, C.S.R.
"Quality of service provisioning in ad hoc wireless networks: a survey of issues and
Ad Hoc Networks, Volume 4, Issue 1, 1 January 2006, Pages 83-124.
- [RS4] D. Chen and P. K. Varshney,
"QoS Support in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey,"
Proc. of the 2004 International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN 2004), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June
- [RS5] Matthias Hollick, Ivan Martinovic, Tronje Krop, Ivica Rimac,
"A Survey on Dependable Routing in Sensor Networks, Ad hoc Networks, and Cellular Networks",
30th EUROMICRO Conference (EUROMICRO'04), pp. 495-502.
- [R1] C. Intanagonwiwat, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin,
Directed Diffusion: A Scalable and Robust Communication Paradigm for Sensor Networks,
In Proceedings of the Sixth Annual International Conference on
Mobile Computing and Networks (MobiCOM 2000),
Boston, Massachusetts, August 2000.
- [R2] B. Karp and H. T. Kung,
GPSR: Greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks,
Mobicom 2000. [slides]
- [R3] Young-Jin Kim, Ramesh Govindan, Brad Karp and Scott Shenker,
Geographic Routing Made Practical,
- [R4] Alec Woo, Terence Tong, and David Culler,
Taming the Underlying Challenges of Reliable Multihop Routing in Sensor Networks,
Sensys 2005. [slides]
- [R5] R. Fonseca, S. Ratnasamy, J. Zhao, C. Tien Ee and D. Culler, S. Shenker, I. Stoica,
Beacon Vector Routing: Scalable Point-to-Point Routing in Wireless Sensornets,
- [R6] Eylem Ekici, Yaoyao Gu, and Doruk Bozdag,
Mobility-Based Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks,
IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 56-62, July 2006.
Real-Time Communication and QoS Support
- [Q1] C. Lu, B.M. Blum, T.F. Abdelzaher, J.A. Stankovic, and T. He,
RAP: A Real-Time Communication Architecture for Large-scale Wireless
IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, Sept. 2002.
- [Q2] T. He, J.A. Stankovic, C. Lu, T. Abdelzaher,
SPEED: A Stateless Protocol for Real-Time Communication in Sensor Networks,
23rd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'03),
Providence, Rhode Island, USA. May 19-22, 2003.
- [Q3] K. Liu, N. Abu-Ghazaleh, K. D. Kang,
JiTS: Just-in-Time Scheduling for Real-Time Sensor Data Dissemination,
4th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications
(PerCom 2006), Pisa, Italy, Mar. 13-17, 2006.
- [Q4] O. Chipara, Z. He, G. Xing, Q. Chen, X. Wang, C. Lu, J.A. Stankovic and T.F. Abdelzaher,
Real-Time Power-Aware Routing in Sensor Networks,
IEEE International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS), June 2006.
- [T1] Bharath Sundararaman, Ugo Buy, Ajay D. Kshemkalyani,
"Clock synchronization for wireless sensor networks: a survey",
Ad Hoc Networks Volume 3, Issue 3 , May 2005, Pages 281-323.
- [T2] Miklos Maroti, Branislav Kusy, Gyula Simon, Akos Ledeczi,
The Flooding Time Synchronization Protocol, Sensys 2004.
- [T3] S. Ganeriwal, R. Kumar, and M.B. Srivastava,
Timing-Sync Protocol for Sensor Networks,
SenSys'03, Los Angeles, California, USA. November 5-7, 2003.
- [S1] A. Perrig, J. Stankovic, and D. Wagner,
Security in Wireless Sensor Networks,
CACM, Vol. 47, No. 6, June 2004.
- [S2] Anthony Wood, John A. Stankovic,
"Denial of Service in Sensor Networks," IEEE Computer, 35(10):54-62,
October 2002. [slides]
- [S3] C. Karlof and D. Wagner,
Secure Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks: Attacks and Countermeasures,
Sensor Network Protocols and Applications, 2003.
SPINS: Security Protocols for Sensor Networks,
A. Perrig, R. Szewczyk, V. Wen, D. Culler, and J.D. Tygar,
Mobile Computing and Networking, Rome, Italy, 2001.
- [S5] Chris Karlof, Naveen Sastry, David Wagner,
TinySec: A Link Layer Security Architecture for Wireless Sensor Networks,
- [S6] J. Misic, V. B. Misic,
"Implementation of security policy for clinical information systems over wireless sensor
networks", Ad Hoc Networks, Volume 5, Issue 1, January 2007, Pages 134-144.
- [D1] S. R. Madden, M.J. Franklin, J.M. Hellerstein, W. Hong,
TinyDB: An Acquisitional Query Processing System for Sensor Networks,
ACM Transactions on Database Systems, vol.30, no.1, March 2005.
- [D2] Nisheeth Shrivastava, Chiranjeeb Buragohain, Subhash Suri,
Medians and Beyond: New Aggregation Techniques for
Sensor Networks, ACM Sensys, November 2004.
- [D3] O. Chipara, C. Lu and J.A. Stankovic,
Dynamic Conflict-free Query Scheduling for Wireless Sensor Networks,
IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP'06), November 2006.
- [ST1] P. Desnoyers, D. Ganesan and P. Shenoy,
TSAR: A Two Tier Storage Architecture Using Interval Skip Graphs,
ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), November 2005.
- [ST2] S. Krishnamurthy, T. He, G. Zhou, J. Stankovic, and S. H. Son,
RESTORE: A Real-Time Event Correlation and Storage Service for Sensor Networks,
International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS'06), Chicago, June 2006.