I am looking for motivated students to work with. If you are interested, please drop me an email with your CV.
Welcome to Hui Lu's homepage. I joined Binghamton Unversity in Fall 2017. I received my Ph.D. degree from Purdue University, where I researched in FRIENDS Lab under the direction of Professor Dongyan Xu. Before that, I had worked as a performance engineer at Intel Asia-Pacific R&D Center and received my bachelor and master's degrees from Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Computer Systems with focuses on systems virtualization, networking, file and storage systems, and systems security in the context of cloud computing and serverless computing.
(Our ongoing projects.)
(A full list)
1. PLASMA: Programmable Elasticity for Stateful Cloud Computing Applications, EuroSys 2020
2. SDN-based Order-aware Live Migration of Virtual Machines, INFOCOM 2020
3. Tackling Parallelization Challenges of Kernel Network Stack for Container Overlay Networks, Hotcloud 2019
4. Fast and Live Hypervisor Replacement, VEE 2019
5. BASS: Improving I/O Performance for Cloud Block Storage via Byte-Addressable Storage Stack, SoCC 2016
6. StorM: Enabling Tenant-Defined Cloud Storage Middle-Box Services, DSN 2016
7. vFair: Latency-Aware Fair Storage Scheduling via Per-IO Cost-Based Differentiation, SoCC 2015
8. vTurbo: Accelerating Virtual Machine I/O Processing Using Designated Turbo-Sliced Core, ATC 2013
9. Virtualization Challenges: A View from Server Consolidation Perspective, VEE 2012