Tuesday and Thursday 2:50pm -- 4:15pm, University Union 102
Office: Q11, Engineering Building
Email: ghyan (AT) binghamton.edu
Office Hours: Tuesday 4:30-5:30pm, Friday 3:00-4:00pm
Sanket H. Panhale
Office: G25, Engineering Building
email: spanhal1 (AT) binghamton.edu
Office Hours: 10:00-11:59am
This course provides a broad introduction to computer security. Topics covered in this course may include:
- Principles of computer security: different security metrics
- Basics of cryptography: symmetric key crypto, public key crypto, hashing
- Access control: authentication, authorization
- Protocols: authentication protocols, real-world security protocols
- Software: software flaws, malware, OS security
Mark Stamp, Information Security: Principles and Practice, Second edition. Recommended but not required.
C/C++, Java, Python, and Openssl.
Course slides are available on the blackboard system.
All assignments, which will be posted on the blackboard, should be done individually. Course projects will be done by a group of at most two students. No assignment will be accepted after 24 hours from the deadline. Late assignments will be penalized 10%.
Assignments: 40% Course Project: 20% Exam 1: 20% Exam 2: 20%
All students should follow Student Academic Honesty Code.